Majestic Switzerland - Summer 2021
Majestic Switzerland – Summer 2021
Step into a world of snow-capped mountains, traditional alpine villages and warm hospitality. This idyllic journey takes you to fairy-tale castles, breathtaking peaks and storybook meadows. Along the way you will meet Local Experts who will share the stories of the region as you enjoy tasting local specialties, such as fondue and creamy chocolate. Stay in luxurious hotels, see beautiful cities and marvel at some of the most extraordinary scenery on the planet.
- Zürich: Brasserie Lipp is one of the oldest Parisian-style brasseries in Zürich and a favourite to locals and travellers alike for many years. Enjoy local Swiss cuisine, as you get to know your fellow travellers during your Welcome Dinner.
- St. Moritz: Enjoy your evening meal at the delightful Restaurant Engiadina.
- Zermatt: On Your Choice Evening, you will be offered a hand-picked selection of local restaurants, choose your own ambience, cuisine and drinks for an intimate culinary experience.
- Geneva: Appreciate the quality and ?awless service of the Michelin-starred restaurant, La Ferme de l’Hospital, in Bossey. This 17th century farmhouse has been re-imagined by chef Jean Jacques Noguier to serve innovative cuisine featuring seasonal flavours and local wines.
- Broc: Visit Maison Cailler, in the village of Broc, and immerse your senses in the wonderful world of chocolate!
- Gruyères: Around a bubbling pot of delicious, freshly made fondue, savour authentic Swiss dining with a chilled glass of wine.
- Lucerne: Cruise on Lake Lucerne before embarking on a scenic journey by cable car to the summit of Mount Stanserhorn. Here, amid true Alpine majesty, your journey comes to a close with a fabulous Celebration Dinner at a panoramic rotating restaurant, offering expansive views over the Alps.
- Dining Summary: 9 Breakfasts (B), 1 Lunch with Wine (LW) and 5 Dinners with Wine (DW) all with tea or coffee.
- Liechtenstein: Visit Liechtenstein, known for being one of Europe’s smallest countries, and dotted with medieval castles, traditional villages and dramatic mountains.
- St. Moritz: During your orientation of this alpine resort see the spa quarter and glacial lake.
- Glacier Express: Take your first class seat onboard this world-famous train and marvel at unrivalled views of snow-covered peaks.
- Gornergrat: Ride the cogwheel train to the summit of the mountain, for a glimpse of Switzerland’s highest peaks, the Matterhorn and Monte Rosa.
- Lake Geneva: Visit beautiful Chillon Castle, former home to the Counts of Savoy, with your Local Expert.
- Geneva: Join your Local Expert for an orientation walking tour of Geneva with stops at the Floral Clock and the Reformation Monument.
- Lucerne: During your orientation with your Travelling Concierge, see the stirring Lion Monument, Old Town Hall, the covered bridges and the quaint square of Weinmarkt with its Renaissance fountain.
- St. Moritz: Kempinski Grand Hotel des Bains is located at the Mauritius spring, the actual root of St Moritz itself. With direct access to the ski and hiking region of Corviglia, the hotel offers excellent facilities. The sports centre and local swimming lakes are also within easy walking distance.
- Zermatt: Situated in the heart of Zermatt, Mont Cervin hotel offers a range of gourmet restaurants, a wellness spa and easy access to beautiful mountain trails.
- Geneva: Elegantly poised at the edge of Lake Geneva with magnificent views of the famous Jet d’Eau and Mont Blanc, the beautiful Hotel d’Angleterre hotel effortlessly combines British charm with the finest Swiss hospitality.
- Lucerne: Join a Military Expert at the Vitznau Artillery Fortress, carved into the side of a mountain, to discover the munitions halls, galleries and armaments.
Inclusive Luxury Gold Services
- You will be escorted by one of our fine Travelling Concierges, handpicked to serve as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Luxury Gold is proud to offer various modes of transportation, from luxury coach to included train travel and more, so that you always travel in comfort and experience your journey and destination in the best possible and most appropriate way.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary, available on departures with 15 or more guests.
- At every hotel, you’ll be treated to seamless baggage handling, with prompt delivery inside your room.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- Complimentary, airport transfers are included on start and end dates and when additional accommodation has been booked through Luxury Gold. Guests will be transferred with fellow Luxury Gold Travellers that arrive on the same flight. Complimentary, private train station transfers are included when train travel is included within the itinerary. Transfers to train stations or alternate hotels, in the same start or end city of the itinerary, may be requested but are not guaranteed.
Welcome to Switzerland.
Vaduz and St. Moritz.
The Roof of Europe.
All Aboard The Glacier Express.
Zermatt and Gornergrat Experience.
Chillon Castle and The French Bank of Lake Geneva.
Highlights of Geneva.
La Gruyère and on to Lucerne.